The Institute for Competitiveness is among the signatories of a Global Declaration on Free and Open AI promoted by the Global Trade and Innovation Policy Alliance (GTIPA) – a global network of independent think tanks supporting greater global trade liberalization and integration.
As generative Artificial Intelligence (AI) is swiftly emerging as a transformative technology poised to profoundly affect freedom of expression and economic opportunities, the document urges democracies to embrace shared principles on AI aimed to ensure this tool serves democratic ideals and promotes global progress.
Specifically, according to the Declaration countries should commit to the following principles:
- Promoting freedom of expression
- Protecting freedom to innovate
- Protecting free trade
- Protecting cultural, artistic, and scientific interests
- Encouraging responsible speech
- Embracing transparency
- Empowering inclusive innovation
- International collaboration and cooperation
Here to sign the Declariation on change.org.